Last updated 23 May 2018
Click here for Shop Terms and Conditions.
Felix Fund is committed to being transparent about how it handles your personal information, to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018. The purpose of this privacy notice is to make you aware of how and why we will collect and use your personal information. We are required under the GDPR to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
Data Protection Principles
Under the GDPR, there are six data protection principles that Felix Fund must comply with. These provide that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected only for legitimate purposes that have been clearly explained to you and not further processed in a way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to those purposes.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for those purposes.
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security of the data.
Felix Fund is responsible for, and must be able to demonstrate compliance with, these principles. This is called accountability.
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational and employment details);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to email notifications and newsletters (including your name and email address);
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through our website;
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including user name, profile pictures and content of your posts);
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and associated metadata); and
- Any other personal information that you choose to send us.
Using Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and charity;
- Personalise our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send you goods purchased through our website;
- Supply to you, services purchased through our website;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and to collect payments from you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our charity which we think may be of interest to you, by post, or where you have specifically agreed to this by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to (any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information).
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining Personal Information
Felix Fund will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, tax, reporting or accounting requirements.
Notwithstanding the other provisions in this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defund our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of Personal Information
Felix Fund has put in place measures to protect the security of your personal information. It has internal policies, procedures and controls in place to try and prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost or destroyed, altered, disclosed or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, workers, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know in order to perform their job duties and responsibilities. You can obtain further information about these measures from our Data Protection Officer – Melanie Moughton at email@example.com.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure systems.
All electronic financial transactions entered through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log into our website).
Felix Fund reserves the right to update or amend this privacy notice at any time, including where the charity intends to further process your personal information for a purpose other than that for which the personal information was collected or where we intend to process new types of personal information. We will issue you with a new privacy notice when we make significant updates or amendments. We may also notify you about the processing of your personal information in other ways.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
Requests for information should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once identity has been confirmed you will receive an Excel spreadsheet of the personal information held by Felix Fund.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Felix Fund has appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or about how we handle your personal information, please contact Melanie Moughton on 07713 752901 or email email@example.com.
Our website www.felixfund.org.uk is owned and operated by Felix Fund.
We are a registered charity in England and Wales, under number 1142494.
Our registered office is:
You can contact us