Felix Fund is a small military charity providing welfare support and financial assistance to serving personnel, veterans and their dependents.
Who we support:
- British Army – those who have conducted or assisted with EOD and Search duties
- Royal Navy Clearance Divers
- RAF Bomb Disposal
- SO15 (Met Police Counter Terrorism Command)
Almost every day bomb disposal and search personnel deal with highly pressured situations. On average, they deal with over 2500 call-outs a year in the UK alone. In addition, they are frequently deployed overseas at short notice for extended periods of time. EOD personnel will often be tasked abroad as individuals rather than as part of a team, which can be isolating.
SO15 handles around 500 call-outs in the London Metropolitan area annually.
The consistent pressure of these roles can lead to devastating consequences across all aspects of their lives. This can manifest both physically and mentally.
Felix Fund aims to assist with the well-being of these individuals by:
- Providing grants to individuals in times of need
- The development and delivery of a preventative stress training program based on mindfulness
- Provision of grants to units for welfare needs
- Support with specialist equipment for those injured in service and dependents with life-changing disabilities